The thought of how to become a screenwriter need not pose a major problem anymore. Most people wish to step into this profession with a hope to get rich quickly rather than enjoying the craft of being creative. A screenwriter is a person who writes scripts for movies, TV serials, commercials, theaters, video games and podcasts or anywhere where story telling is required. Dedicated hard work, perennial perseverance and having the objective clearly in sight will prove as the beacon of light that will guide you on how to become a screenwriter of good reputation. Almost all successful screenwriters have had to struggle their way up.
• Learn to write with passion and tenacity, giving vent to the deep down creativity lying dormant in you. Develop the power to observe and make note of anything that you would like to incorporate into your writing; perhaps a picture, a character, a place or idea.
• Seek formal education in a film writing school and learn the intricacies of how to become a screenwriter. A screenwriter is a writer basically. Credentials are like passport to launching a successful career in writing.
• Attach yourself to a well-known screenwriter. This is the right place where you can get practical, hands-on experience. Through close interaction with people who have already created a niche for themselves in the industry.
• Join a library. Read as many instructional books on how to become a screenwriter. Get hold of a copy of “Screenplay” by Syd Field which is considered a bible for budding scriptwriters.
• By presenting a few samples of spec or unsolicited writing to eminent personalities in the higher echelons, you will attract their interest and attention. Someone of may even contact you to do his script for him. Try your hand at different genres such as horror, comedy, romance or any that you are confident about.
• Look for a job at a studio or a production unit where you will be required to read and edit many scripts. This will give you ample idea about the structure, format, dialogue writing, interesting plots, tone to be adopted and other aspects.
• How to become a screenwriter will be quite obvious once you are suitably equipped with knowledge of what the public wants for it is the audience that makes or breaks the growth chart of an aspirant.
After having registered your screenplay with Writers Guild of America, circulate a copy of your best script among the crew members of a studio. There is just no telling when it may fall into the right hands and send your vocation spiraling.See the CONTACT PAGE to contact us today to learn how our writers can help write, rewrite, edit and market your story. After you have completed the contact form and I've had a chance to review the initial information, I'll email you a signed NDA and if you'd like, we can then schedule a time to discuss your project further. Below is the phone scheduler: